Whenever pet owners see their companions begin to itch, one of the first things that come to their mind are fleas dancing in their fur. These tiny pests are a common threat to cat and pet’s owner homes. If you prefer non-chemical methods of control, you may want to consider using EcoActiv.
1. Dip a comb or your pets brush in to liquid (make sure it’s sufficiently cool.) and run it through their fur. A sponge works as well, especially if you have a very short haired breed.
2. Fill your spray bottle with EcoActiv and apply on your pet fur and their bed. Avoid not to get it in their eyes, nose, or ears. To get around the neck and behind the ears/their chin area, dampen a soft cloth with the mixture and wipe it on.
Signs of Fleas
Familiarizing yourself with the following signs of flea infection will help you cope with fleas in your home more quickly:
- Seeing flea eggs on pet or their sleeping mat
- Allergic dermatitis
- Excessive scratching, licking or biting their skin
- Loss of hair
- Scabs and irritated spots
- Pale gums
Fleas are a danger to puppies because they are able to consume 15 times their own body weight in blood, which can cause a young pet to become anemic over time. Puppies with parasitic anemia show signs, such as pale gums, cold body temperature and listlessness.
Some dogs possess a higher sensitivity to flea saliva. Just one bite can cause an allergic reaction known as flea allergy dermatitis.
A pet may constantly itch and feel uncomfortable. Other signs include reddened skin, scabs, generalized hair loss, and irritated spots. When left untreated, a flea allergy can lead to skin infections.
Flea EcoActiv Remedies
To drastically reduce the presence of fleas from your home, carpets, furniture, and pet bedding, all you need is a bit of perseverance and patience. You can enjoy safe alternatives to control these common pests in your household, as well as create a more comfortable environment for your pets.
After a using EcoActiv, you will notice there is no longer a single flea on your dog/cat. This is because their bedding, the lounge, and the rest of their environment have also been cleared of fleas. The environmental flea load will be very small, and there will be no ‘newcomers’ jumping up on your pet.